Today, the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities completed the conservation of the Alexander Robey Shepherd statue located at the John A. Wilson Building.
The greater than life-size bronze sculpture of Robey, former Governor of the District of Columbia, was sculpted by U.S.J. Dunbar and installed in 1909. Over the years, the sculpture has moved several times before being installed at its current location. Corrosion on the statue covered over 50 percent of the surface.