Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Obtain a Digital Certificate
To obtain a digital certificate, complete the following steps:
- Obtain a Digital Certificate Application form from the DMV or download the application [PDF].
- Bring the completed form and applicable fee to the DMV Dealer Office for processing.
- Upon receiving payment for a digital certificate, a pass code will be issued. Do not forget to pick up a Dealer User Guide and helpful Reminders at the Dealer Office.
To install the digital certificate:
- DMV will issue an email approximately two days after the application is filed. Follow the steps enlisted in the email to retrieve and install the digital certificate
- For any questions or concerns, please write to email@example.com
To use a digital certificate, a computer will need:
- Internet access using Internet Explorer 5.5 (or better) or Netscape Navigator 5.0 (or better)
- Internet Service provider cannot be AOL (the digital certificate does not work correctly)
- An Email Address
- A modem (28.8k or high-speed connection)
Note: A Digital Certificate is valid for a one year period from the date of purchase and may be renewed at an applicable fee.