Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Proof of Current District of Columbia Residency
You must provide at least one primary source document, as listed below, to satisfy proof of residency. Note: A document that is being used as Proof of Identity or Proof of Social Security Number cannot also be used as Proof of Residency.
Any one of the following documents will be accepted:
Primary Sources (one required) - must be original AND contain a valid DC address (P.O. Boxes not acceptable):
- Utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Oil, or Cable) with name and address, issued within the last sixty (60) days
- Telephone bill (no cell phone, wireless or pager bills acceptable) reflecting applicant's name and current address, issued within the last sixty (60) days
- Deed or settlement agreement reflecting property address
- Unexpired lease or rental agreement with the name of the applicant listed as the lessee, permitted resident or renter (may be a photocopy)
- DC Property Tax bill
- Unexpired homeowner's insurance policy reflecting name and address
- Letter with picture from Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA) or DC Department of Corrections certifying name and residence
- DC DMV Proof of Residency Form* signed by the person owning the residence AND a copy of this person's unexpired DC driver license or DC identification card AND one of the primary sources listed above (i.e. Utility bill, telephone bill, etc.) in the person owning the residence’s name. Business Proof of Current District of Columbia Residency
As a business entity, you must provide at least one primary source document, as listed below, to satisfy proof of residency.
Primary Sources (one required) - must be original AND contain the business address:
- DC Business License.
- Certificate of Occupancy.
- Government issued document showing DC Tax Identification Number.