Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Failure to Pay Child Support
If your driver license has been revoked as a result of delinquent child support payments, you must take the following steps to reinstate your driver license.
Steps to Reinstate Your Driver License
- Report to the Office of Attorney General, Child Support Enforcement Division, 441 4th Street, N.W., Fifth Floor. That office may be reached by telephone on (202) 442-9900.
- Satisfy your debt
- Obtain a clearance letter with a raised seal, from that office.
- Present that letter along with your identification to clear the revocation from your traffic record at the Penn Branch Service Center.
- Clear any other stops on your Drivers record.
- Pay a reinstatement fee, payable to the DC Treasurer.
- Receive your reinstated driver license.