Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Report Waste, Fraud, and Abuse
Hotline: (202) 724-TIPS (8477) and (800) 521-1639
When reporting waste, fraud, abuse, or mismanagement to the OIG, you may remain anonymous if you wish. However, you are encouraged to identify yourself so that we may follow-up on your call, if necessary, and obtain additional information that will aid us in our investigation. If you give your name, your identity will be protected to the maximum extent allowed by law. It is impermissible for a government employer to retaliate against an employee for reporting information to the OIG. If you believe that by making a report to the OIG you may be at risk of reprisal, inform the OIG of this fact.
When reporting information to the OIG, be as specific and provide as much detail as possible – the who, what, where, when, and why of the matter. The more information you provide, the more thorough any OIG investigation can be. If possible, indicate:
- the specific nature of the wrongful or inappropriate act (give as many details as possible);
- the name of person(s) who committed the act;
- the place where the person works;
- the date and time the act occurred;
- the place where the act occurred;
- the reason you believe the act is wrongful or inappropriate; and
- the name, telephone number, and address of any person who can corroborate or supplement your information.
Any relevant information or knowledge you acquire after making a report to the OIG should also be reported in follow-up calls.
Note: To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all those involved, you may not be notified about how your information is used. However, you can be sure we will review your information and do all we can to detect and investigate waste, fraud, and abuse.