Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Identification Card Renewal
You may renew your identification card online if you can satisfy all of the online eligibility requirements below. You may also change your address during this transaction. If you can't satisfy all these online requirements, please visit a DMV service location to renew your identification card. Although you can renew your identification card online if it has been expired for less than 90 days, please be aware that an expired identification card may not be accepted for identification by some organizations. However, you will be able to use your online identification card certificate for 45 days from the date of your renewal transaction until you receive your new identification card in the mail. Note that you must keep your current identification card, in addition to the temporary identification card certificate.
If you have:
- An identification card that expires within the next 60 days
- An identification card with 2 photos in the front and a barcode on the back
- Your current name on file at the DMV
- Your current address on file at the DMV. If you need to change your address, you may do so during this online identification card renewal transaction. The DMV will mail your identification card to your current address on file at the DMV.
- Your identification card number, first name, last name, social security number, and date of birth.
- A valid credit card. The DMV accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. DMV does not accept American Express.
And, you haven't:
- Recently changed your name and not updated the information with DMV.
Online Identification Card Renewal Five-Step Overview
Online Identification Card Renewal: Within 10 business days, DMV will mail your identification card to your address of record.