The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) utilizes an online grant portal. All applications must be submitted online by 4:00pm of the deadline date. Incomplete or late applications, or applications which do not follow the instructions, will be ineligible for review and funding. The FY2016 grant period is from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016. Grant funds may not be used for project activities that occur prior to October 1, 2015. DCCAH will not accept mailed, emailed or hand-delivered copies of grant applications.
Grant Application Procedure
- Review the FY2016 Guide to Grants and the grant guidelines thoroughly and determine eligibility of the applicant, project and project activities;
- Go to the Grant Application Portal to login (for returning applicants) or register (for first time applicants).
- Once logged in, applicants must select the desired grant program(s),
- Complete the application questions and budget/budget narrative data,
- Upload all required documents, supplementary material, and work samples,
- Submit the application by 4:00pm on the grant program’s deadline date.
The application process is competitive and subject to the availability of funds. Applicants may not request or receive funding for the same project activities through more than one DCCAHgrant program or grant category.
Applicants are fully responsible for the content of their application packages. An automated confirmation of an application’s submission does not guarantee an application’s eligibility or recommendation for funding by the Advisory Review Panel. DCCAH staff is not permitted to make corrections to applications on behalf of applicants. DCCAH staff will review applications for completeness and contact applicants for any incomplete documents within five business days of the deadline. Applicants are responsible for updating their application within five business days of DCCAH’s notification. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the Advisory Review Panel for consideration.
Download the FY 2016 Grants Presentation Overview.