Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
EnergySmart DC Solar Initiatives
Solar Advantage Plus Program
The Solar Advantage Plus Program provides rebates to help low-income District of Columbia residents install solar panels on their homes. The Solar Advantage Plus Program covers the full cost to install solar panels on single-family homes owned or rented by low-income District residents.
This program is funded jointly by DOEE and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU).
Authorized solar installers will design and install solar PV systems free of charge to homeowners. Authorized solar installers will receive rebates to pay for the work. View list of authorized solar installers. Applying for a rebate does not guarantee payment of a rebate. The Solar Advantage Plus Program operates on a first-come, first-served basis and rebate fulfillment is dependent on funding availability.
Funding is available with the following eligibility requirements:
- Households must meet the income requirements for the program (see chart below);
- Homeowners must contract with a solar installer that is authorized by DCSEU;
- Homeowners must provide the solar installer with a copy of their Government-issued photo identification, proof of income for each income-earning individual within the household, and the most recent Pepco bill for the property;
- Solar installers will receive a rebate of $2.50/Watt DC, with a maximum rebate of $10,000 per system;
- Only one installation per property is eligible;
- Properties that already have a solar PV system installed are not eligible;
- The solar PV system must be installed on a verifiable physical address within the District of Columbia; and
- The solar PV system must be installed and operational by September 30, 2015.
|Household Size||Maximum Annual Income|
For more information about the Solar Advantage Plus Program or becoming an authorized solar installer, contact DCSEU at (202) 479-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District of Columbia Solar Map - Estimate any property’s rooftop solar potential, costs, and environmental benefits
- Planning for Home Renewable Energy Systems
- PV WATTS Calculator - Estimate Your PV System's Electrical Output
- How Solar Water Heating Systems Work
- Federal Tax Credits Available for Solar and Energy Efficiency Projects (The District of Columbia does not offer tax incentives at this time.)
- How Solar Electric Systems Work
- DCRA Guidelines for Solar PV Systems – Permitting and safety inspections
- DCRA Guidelines for Solar Thermal Systems – Permitting and safety inspections
- Pepco - Green Power Connection
- Pepco Green Power Connection – Interconnection of PV systems
- DC Public Service Commission Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard Program – Register solar systems to generate and sell solar renewable energy credits (SRECs)