Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Avoid Distracted Driving
Distractions cause many accidents for both new and experienced drivers. Taking your eyes off the road for even a few seconds, could have disastrous results.
Here are some tips to avoid distractions:
- Don't eat in the car. Fumbling with food, dropping food, or trying to drive with one hand can cause problems.
- Avoid fiddling with controls such as radio, temperature controls, and mirrors while driving. It is better to pull over and adjust them, then return to the road.
- Don't use cell phones while driving. Pull off the road in a safe place to make calls. That way you can concentrate on the dialing and conversation without putting you and your car at risk.
- Check your vision and if you need glasses, be sure to wear them while driving.
- Wear sun glasses when driving in bright sunlight. Sun glare can also be a distraction.
- Avoid playing the radio too loud, the distraction could keep you from hearing sirens from emergency vehicles.
- If something falls on the floor, don't try to pick it up while driving. Wait until you are parked.
- Never…check your email, text message, read the paper, or a book while driving.