Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
CDL REAL ID Proof of Social Security Number
You must provide one (1) source document from the list below. DMV will NOT accept documents that are not listed below to satisfy proof of Social Security Number (SSN).
Any document used to prove Social Security Number must contain all nine (9) digits. Documents listing only the last four (4) digits are not acceptable.
Note: A document that is being used as Proof of Identity or Proof of Ability to Drive cannot also be used as Proof of Social Security Number.
Note: Per Federal law, all Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders must have a social security number. All District residents applying for a CDL are required to provide proof of their Social Security Number.
Source Documents - must be original:
- Social Security Card bearing applicant's name, SSN, and signature
- Social Security Administration verification printout reflecting full name and SSN
- Pay statement issued within the last 12 months reflecting full name and full SSN
- W-2 (wage and tax statement) issued within the last 12 months
- 1099 Form issued within the last 12 months
Contact TTY: 711