Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Online transactions will not be available on Sunday, August 16 from 6am-12pm due to system maintenance.
Effective May 1, 2014, DC DMV will be implementing a REAL ID and Limited Purpose credential. Therefore, most licensing and identification card online services will not be available to residents who do not have a REAL ID or Limited Purpose credential.
The DMV is pleased to provide several driver/identification, vehicle, adjudication and general transactions online. Using these services, you can "skip the trip" to our offices and conduct your DMV business wherever and whenever you choose. This site utilizes SSL 128 bit encryption security.
Most online services are available from 6 am to 12 am, seven days a week. Vehicle inspection appointment scheduling is available 24 hours per day.
If You See Something, Say Something. To confidentially report fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement in the Government of the District of Columbia to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) (located at 717 14th Street, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005), call toll free at 1-800-521-1639 or local at 202-724-TIPS (8477). You can also email the OIG at hotline.oig.dc.gov. Once again, all hotline contact with the OIG is confidential.
- Add or Update Individual Information with the DMV, including
- Download DMV Forms
- Document Verification Guide
- Fraud Reporting Form
Drivers License and Identification Card Services
- Driver License Renewal
- Drivers License Replacement
- Drivers License Verification
- Driver License/ID Card Mailing Status
- Practice Knowledge Test
- Road Test Appointment Scheduling
- Identification Card Renewal
- Identification Card Replacement
- Identification Card Verification
- Driver Record Request
- Driver License Reinstatement
- Online CDL/DOT Medical Certification Update
- How to Report an Unsafe Driver
- Online Driving Self-Assessment
- Sharing the Road Quiz
- Vehicle Registration and Residential Parking Renewal
- Vehicle Registration Replacement
- Vehicle Registration Verification
- Personalized Tag Request
- Track Personalized Tag Order
- Request Residential Parking Permit
- Vehicle Title Replacement
- Online Tag Cancellation
- Out-of-State Title Status
- Towed Vehicle Locator
- Vehicle Inspection Appointment Scheduling
- Trip Permit
- Insurance Payment Installment Plan
- Insurance Verification and Insurance Lapse Fee Payment
- Insurance Record
- Online Excise Tax Calculation
- Online ROSA registration
- Online Disability Placard Request
- Online Reciprocity Request
- Online Adjudication Request (Submit Mail Adjudication)
- Parking and/or Photo Violations
- Minor Moving Violations
- Ticket Installment Plan Payment
- Fleet Payments
- Email Ticket Alert Service
Business Services (Special Authorization Required)
Special authorization services allow dealers, insurance companies, fleet companies and other authorized agencies who have obtained unique digital certificates to perform secure and restricted business transactions with the DMV.
- Dealer Services
- Fleet Inspection Status
- Fleet Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Low Tags
- Program for Insurance Electronic Reporting (PIER)
- Trip Permit
Government Services (Special Authorization Required)
Agencies with special authorization can perform secure and restricted government transactions with DC DMV.