Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Driver's License Replacement
You can request a duplicate license online to replace a license that has been damaged. To protect against identity theft, to request a duplicate license online for a lost or stolen license, you must have your drivers license number. If you do not have your drivers license number, you will need to visit a DMV service location and show your birth certificate/passport and your social security number to verify your identity.
You'll need the following information to obtain a duplicate driver license online.
- A driver license number that has not expired
- Your first name, last name, social security number, and date of birth
- A valid credit card. The DMV accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. DMV does not accept American Express credit cards.
Your duplicate driver license will be mailed to the address on file at the DMV. If your address or name has changed, or if your license is due to expire within the next 10 days, please visit a DMV service location to obtain a duplicate driver license.
Online Duplicate Drivers License Five-Step Overview
- Enter your driver license information.
- Review your drivers license expiration date and fees.
- Pay for your duplicate driver license with a credit card.
- Review all the information you have entered.
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
Online Duplicate Drivers License Request: Within 10 business days, DMV will mail your duplicate driver license to your address of record.