Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Failure to Pay Child Support
If your driver license has been revoked as a result of delinquent child support payments, you must take the following steps to reinstate your driver license.
Steps to Reinstate Your Driver License
- Report to the Office of Attorney General, Child Support Enforcement Division, 441 4th Street, N.W., Fifth Floor. That office may be reached by telephone on (202) 442-9900.
- Satisfy your child support debt
- Obtain a child support clearance letter with a raised seal, from that office.
- Present the child support clearance letter, along with your driver license, to clear the revocation from your driver record at any DMV Service Center.
- Clear any other stops, such as unpaid parking/photo/moving violations, insurance lapses and National Driver Registry stops, on your drivers record.
- Pay a reinstatement fee, payable to the DC Treasurer.
- Receive a DC DMV clearance letter. You will also receive your reinstated driver license if you previously surrendered it to DC DMV.