On Thursday, May 23, 2013, the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities is hosting its annual Grants Kickoff at the Historic Lincoln Theatre. At the event, the DCCAH will present funding opportunities for District of Columbia artists and arts organizations as well as to introduce a new online grant application portal, enabling them to develop their grants applications with first-hand knowledge of changes for the upcoming fiscal year.
This is the third year that the DCCAH has hosted its Grants Kickoff. The event attracts hundreds from the local arts community whose programming and projects will enliven the city over the next year.
To RSVP for the FY 2014 Grants Kickoff, visit grants2014.eventbrite.com.
Grant Application Procedure
1. Review the FY14 Guide to Grants [PDF] and the grant guidelines thoroughly and determine eligibility of the applicant, project and project activities.
2. Register with DCCAH’s online grant application website.
3. Once fully registered, select the desired grant program(s) and complete the application questions and budget/budget narrative data.
4. Upload all required documents and supplementary material.
5. If the grant opportunity requires the Cultural Data Project (CDP), see Cultural Data Project [PDF] for more details.
6. Upload the required work sample. Please note that work samples must speak to the artistic content of the applicant as it relates to the grant request. See Guide to Work Samples [PDF] for more details.
7. Submit the application by 6:00 pm on the grant program’s deadline date.
8. For technical assistance, contact DCCAH at (202) 724-5613.
The application process is competitive and subject to the availability of funds. Applicants may not request or receive funding for the same project activities through more than one Commission grant program or grant category.
Applicants are fully responsible for the content of their application packages. An automated confirmation of an application’s submission does not guarantee an application’s eligibility nor recommendation for funding by the Advisory Review Panel. DCCAH staff cannot make corrections to applications on behalf of applicants nor can Good Done Great’s staff. DCCAH staff will review applications for completeness and contact applicants for any incomplete documents within five business days of the deadline. Applicants are responsible for updating attachments within five business days of DCCAH’s notification. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the Advisory Review Panel for consideration.