Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
HSEMA Operations Division
The Emergency Operations Center acts as the state EOC for the District of Columbia integrating regional, federal and local information and communications on a daily basis and serves as the main operational command and control center for consequence management during an emergency, disaster, major special event, and national security special events in the District. During events/incidents that impact the National Capital Region (NCR), the EOC ensures information-sharing, coordination and communications with NCR jurisdictions utilizing a variety of communication tools. The EOC uses a number of technological interoperable communication systems to monitor events.
The EOC maintains direct contact with NCR jurisdictions and federal counterparts via landline, hotlines, radio, WebEOC, closed-circuit television (CCTV), and other non-secure systems to ensure a constant receipt and dissemination of information:
- Situation assessment
- Critical notifications and alerts
- Incident priority determination
- Coordination, de-conflict and dissemination of actionable information
- Coordination and communications with key officials and response agencies
- Critical resource acquisition, allocation and tracking
- Policy direction for relevant incident management and multi-agency response activities
- Coordination of all District planning and preparedness, response and recovery efforts
- Coordination with NCR jurisdictions
- Coordination with federal agencies
- Coordination with private sector and non-government entities