Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Make A First Aid Kit
In any emergency you or a family member may be cut, burned, or suffer other injuries. Basic supplies will make you better prepared to help you or your loved ones with injuries.
Things you should have:
- Two pairs of Latex, or other sterile gloves (if you are allergic to Latex).
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
- Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect.
- Antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Burn ointment to prevent infection.
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes.
- Eye wash solution to flush the eyes or as general de contaminant.
- Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine and asthma inhalers. You should periodically rotate medicines to account for expiration dates.
- Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose and blood pressure monitoring equipment and supplies.
Things it may be good to have:
- Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant
- Aspirin or non aspirin pain reliever
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- Antacid (for upset stomach)