Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
If you are a District of Columbia resident and are seeking driver or vehicle services, you may enter a payment plan to settle tickets 60 days overdue or insurance fines. You will have six months to pay off your tickets or insurance fines. During this time a six-month temporary license or vehicle registration will be issued. Payment in full is due by the end of the six-month period. To enter into a ticket payment plan, you must visit Adjudication Services in person. To establish an insurance payment plan, you can visit the Temporary C Street, Penn Branch, or Southwest Service Centers.
Payment plan requirements are listed below:
- Your fines must total at least $250.
- You must deposit at least 25% of the total amount due to start the plan.
- You must have a DC driver license or a non-Drivers identification card and your vehicle must be registered in the District of Columbia. If you are a DC resident, but need to get on a ticket payment plan in order to obtain a DC license/ID card and register a vehicle, you are still eligible for the payment plan as long as you can show proof of DC residency (i.e., current lease or mortgage AND utility bill showing the same address).
- If you would like to contest your ticket, you must request a hearing before entering the ticket payment plan.
- Once you are on the ticket payment plan, you waive your right to a hearing for any ticket included on the plan.
- Tickets issued after you start the ticket payment plan (including parking, traffic and photo enforcement tickets) do not become part of the ticket payment plan.
- Current regulations limit ticket and insurance payment plans to DC residents.
- For the ticket payment plan, you must pay all boot, tow and storage fees.
- For the ticket payment plan, you must answer any and all tickets issued to you after you start the plan; otherwise, your temporary license and/or registration may be revoked and your vehicle will subject to enforcement action.
You may apply for more than one payment plan. However, you must meet the following conditions:
- You cannot be on more than one payment plan, of the same type, at the same time. However, you can be on both a ticket payment plan and an insurance payment plan at the same time.
- You must successfully complete all previous payment plans.