Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Road Test Appointment Scheduling
Schedule a driver road skills test online or call the DMV customer service center at 311 or (202) 737-4404.
A $10 fee will be charged for each road skills test taken. This fee may be paid with check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard, VISA or Discover). No cash is accepted at the Road Test Facility.
The road skills test examines your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, proper use of turn signals, parallel parking, and several other skills. If you are age 16 - 20, you must take the road skills test before you can qualify for a Provisional license.
If you fail the road test 6 times within a 12 month period, you will not be allowed to take the 7th test until 12 months after the 1st failed test. If you fail the road skills test, you will not be eligible to re-test until 72 hours after the test.
Prior to your appointment, please be sure to review the Road Skills Test Requirements.
To schedule a driver license road test appointment with the DMV, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your learner permit number (DLN)
- Your first name, last name, date of birth, and social security number
- The date on which you would like to schedule a road test
Online Appointment Scheduling Four-Step Overview:
- Enter the driver license number (DLN) that appears on your learner permit, and your personal information.
- Select an appointment date and time.
- Review the selected appointment date, time, and location.
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
Note: Failure to cancel a scheduled road skills test within two business days will result in a $30 cancellation fee. This fee will be collected the next time you complete a license-related transaction. This fee will not be charged if you cancel your road test prior to two business days. You can cancel a road skills test by calling the DMV Call Center at 311 or (202) 737-4404.