Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Health Coverage Certification for Grandchildren
This document provides the necessary certification to indicate that a member has met the following requirements for coverage of a grandchild who qualifies as a foster child under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program or the District of Columbia Employees Health Benefits (DCEHB) Program:
- The child must be unmarried and under age 26 (if 26 or older, the child can only be covered if he/she is incapable of self-support because of a disability that began before age 26. Documentation of this instance must be provided to DCRB);
- The child must currently live with the member;
- The member must currently be the primary source of financial support for the child;
- The parent-child relationship must be with the member and not the biological parent. This means that the member exercises parental authority, responsibility, and control, and that the member also cares for, supports, disciplines, and guides the child. The member also makes decisions about the child’s education and health care; and
- The member expects to raise the child into adulthood.
View the form below to see what documentation is necessary to qualify. Please complete the form and return to DCRB's Member Services Center.