Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Obtain a Non-Driver Identification Card
DMV issues DC Non-Driver identification cards to District residents who are at least 15 years of age and do not hold a valid driver license in DC, another State or Country. A DC identification card is valid for up to eight years for US citizens and may vary for non-US citizens (according to the US immigration expiration date). Certain DC residents are eligible for a free non-driver identification card.
Non-US Citizens may obtain their Non-Driver Identification Card at any DMV service center.
- You are at least 15 years of age.
- You are a resident of DC.
- You can provide the following documents:
- Complete the DC Identification Card/Voter Registration Application [PDF]
- Provide the required documents
- Pay the appropriate fees
- Take a photograph (DC law and policy requires a full frontal digital photo that shows either the ears or up to the hairline without exposing the hair)
- Obtain your DC non-driver identification card
We regret that we cannot accept photocopies or scanned documents.