Know before you go! Check out our Wait Times and Webcams.
Parking Permits and Reciprocity Stickers
On behalf of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), which regulates parking in the District, DMV issues permits for special parking privileges to those who qualify. DMV also issues vehicle registration reciprocity privileges to citizens who are permanent residents in other jurisdictions, but who, by law, are allowed reciprocal residency privileges in the District. Reciprocity privileges are also issued to some District residents who are limited by their inability to obtain District tags. Please note that reciprocity is not a parking privilege.
Residential Permit Parking (RPP) for residents of the District of Columbia
- RPP Data to search streets designated for permit parking.
- DDOT Annual Visitor Parking Permits for residents of the District of Columbia
Reciprocity and Residential Parking Permit for Temporary and Part-Time Residents
- Six-month Non-Renewable Permit for Visitors
- One-Year Renewable Permit for Students, Military, Congressional Members, Presidential Appointees, Diplomats, Part-Time Residents and DC Residents with Take Home Company Vehicles
- Health Care Provider Temporary Parking (60 days)
- Visitor's Parking Permit for Guests of DC Residents (15 days)
- Contractual Employee Temporary Parking Permit (15 days)
- DC Resident New Car Parking Permit (45 days)
- DC Resident Rental Car Parking Permit (15 days)
- Registration of Out-of-State Automobiles (ROSA)