Text Resize

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Proof of Parental Approval

If the applicant is 16 or 17 years old, you must have a photocopy of your parent's or legal guardian's driver license or non-Drivers ID card and one of the following documents:

  • Notarized parental consent form [PDF] from parent or legal guardian (You may obtain this form at DMV service locations or you may request to have one mailed to you by calling DMV Customer Service at 311 or (202) 737-4404). Children of Diplomats may be certified by a parent who holds a State Department Drivers License, in lieu of a DC Drivers License, granted the address on the State Department Drivers License matches the documentation provided as proof of address and is the child's residence.
  • Notarized letter from parent or legal guardian providing consent to issue a learner permit
Contact TTY: