Text Resize

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Replace Tags

DMV will replace your vehicle tag/tags if they are lost or stolen or need to be replaced due to wear and tear. To obtain replacement tags, visit a DMV service location and present the following original documents and pay applicable fees.

  • Vehicle Registration Card
  • Valid Identification of the Registered Owner(s)
  • Existing Vehicle Tags (if worn, or only one lost or stolen)
  • Police Customer Complaint Number (CCN) for lost or stolen tags

Note: If you do not surrender your existing tags, you will be liable for any tickets that may be received by the tag. If you receive tickets on a tag that is lost or stolen, then Adjudication Services requires the full police report (the CCN is not sufficient) in order to adjudicate the ticket.


Contact TTY: