DC DMV will issue a renewable health care provider parking permit when a District resident in a residential parking zoned neighborhood requires at-home nursing care. You must present the following original documents at a DC DMV service center:
- Valid registration card of the health care provider's vehicle, reflecting the health care provider as registered owner.
- Valid driver license of the health care provider.
- Proof of insurance for the health care provider's vehicle, in the health care provider's name, as required in its state of registration.
- Proof of District residency of the person who requires health care. You will need 1 document from the list of proofs available at the link below:
- Proof of Current District of Columbia Residency
- Statement on doctor’s letterhead certifying the resident’s medical needs and the name(s) of the persons providing care.
Information on DC DMV service centers is available at the link below:
The health care parking permit is free of charge and valid for up to 60 calendar days. To renew the permit all information must be resubmitted.
Although the temporary parking permit contains a sticker, similar to DC's registration sticker, the bottom portion of the sticker can be placed on the dashboard of the driver’s side of the vehicle.