A salvage vehicle that passes DC DMV Emissions, Safety, and Anti-Theft inspections will be titled/branded as “Rebuilt Salvage”.
- All salvage vehicles must pass DC safety inspection and a Metropolitan Police Department’s (MPD’s) DC Anti-theft Inspection PRIOR to DC DMV registration.
- All Paperwork for Salvage Anti-Theft Inspection may only be submitted at 95 M St SW, Department of Motor Vehicles.
DCMPD’s Anti-Theft inspection and DMV's salvage vehicle procedure acknowledgement forms are available at the links below:
- Salvage Vehicle MPD Anti-Theft Inspection Form
- Salvage Vehicle Procedure Acknowledgement Form
- Note: The Metropolitan Police Department will not accept the Anti-Theft Inspection form in person. All paperwork must be presented at 95 M St SW, Department of Motor Vehicle for processing.