Update as of June 22, 2021
DC DMV Service Centers and Adjudication Services will return to walk-in service beginning the week of July 19, 2021. DC DMV will honor all appointments made through Saturday, July 17, 2021, but none will be available after that date.
What you need to know
- Beginning June 23, 2020, all Service Centers, Adjudication Services, and the Deanwood CDL Office are open during the District’s Phase 2 re-opening
- An appointment is required – no walk-ins accepted
- Only persons receiving the service will be allowed inside DMV facilities – limited exceptions for disabled customers
- Facial covering required prior to entering DMV facilities. Mouth and nose must be covered.
- Maintain 6ft of social distancing
Before you schedule an appointment
DC DMV is committed to protecting the health of our customers, employees, and the general public. As a precautionary measure, we request that you schedule your appointment for a later date if any of the following apply to you:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Experienced flu-like symptoms, fever or cough in the last 14 days and have not been tested
- Been in close contact with someone who has been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 14 days
- Been in quarantine based on notification by a public health or medical official within the last 14 days
Note: DC DMV’s online appointment scheduler will be temporarily down for emergency maintenance beginning at 2:30 pm on Tuesdays. Service will be restored by 3 pm.