The process to register as a Class B commercial carrier, which will allow you to obtain DC trip permits for your vehicles, is free. To establish an account, use the trip permit online module; it will prompt you to provide the following information:
- Applicants/Administrator’s Full Name
- Applicant’s Legal Address
- Federal Identification Number
- Vehicle Make and Model
- Vehicle Year
- License Plate Number
- Expiration Number
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Unit Number
- Telephone Number
- Email Address.
You will receive two emails:
- The first one is to confirm your email address.
- The second one is to provide you with login credentials and a temporary password that you will be prompted to change.
The link to register as a Class B Commercial Vehicle is below:
Any vehicle defined as an apportioned vehicle, or bus from any state or country, used in the transportation of a chartered party can register with DC DMV to obtain a DC trip permit.