Effective immediately, the DC Department of Motor Vehicles (DC DMV) will no longer issue parking permits for Health Care Providers.
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) ParkDC Permits is a fully integrated system that provides approval for parking permits instantaneously. In addition to helping family members and friends park, the new program also makes it easier to get parking permits for visiting home health care aides. ParkDC Permits provides District residents with a new system to manage and provide permission to guests wanting to park near their homes.
ParkDC Permits is available Districtwide for residents in Residential Permit Parking (RPP) zones and their visitors. Residents can set up their accounts and issue permits for home health aides. Any user can set up a home health aide account.
Access ParkDC Permits
Sign Up and Access Your Permits from Home
Users can sign up for and access ParkDC Permits using any of these options:
- Computer – Visit the ParkDC Permits website
- Mobile App – Download the ParkDC Permits mobile app from the Apple Store or Google Play
- Phone – Call (202) 671-2631 – 24/7 Call Center
Print and Display Permits
Permits must be printed and displayed on vehicle dashboards. Users can print their own permits now – from any printer. Both residents and visitors can print permits. There are public computers, printers, and kiosks available across all eight wards.
- Print at any printer – residents can print their own permits now.
- Ask your visitor to sign up in ParkDC Permits. Visitors can also print approved permits.
- Print at DDOT kiosks at the DDOT Permit Office and MPD District Stations.
- Print at public computers at your local DC Public Library or use DC Public Library Remote Printing.
- Print recurring permits (multiple dates and times) to reduce your visits to a printer.
For more information on how to obtain a ParkDC Permit for healthcare providers, please visit DDOT’s ParkDC Permits website.