DMV Decreases Some Ticket Fines Beginning April 1, 2013
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Starting April 1, 2013, some photo enforcement and moving violations fines will decrease based on the Safety Based Traffic Enforcement Emergency Amendment Act of 2012. They are as follows:
- T119 Speeding 11 to 15 over – current: $100; new: $92
- T120 Speeding 16 to 20 over – current: $150; new: $100
- T121 Speeding 21 to 25 over – current: $200; new: $150
- T206 Failure to clear intersection – current: $100; new: $50
- T334 Failure to come to complete stop before making a right turn on red – current: $100; new: $50
- T116 Violation of “No Turn on Red” sign – current: $100; new: $50
- T759 Failure to stop and give right-of-way to pedestrian in roadway – current: $250; new: $75
The District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles encourages motorists to drive carefully and obey the rules of the road. Drivers who receive tickets they believe to be issued in error may adjudicate them through DC DMV.
The agency also asks customers to “Skip the Trip” and conduct their DC DMV business online at www.dmv.dc.gov.
# # #
The District Department of Motor Vehicles provides customer service and promotes public safety to ensure the safe operation of motor vehicles. For more information, visit http://dmv.dc.gov. Like us on Facebook, and follow DC DMV on Twitter.