Paying DMV Fees
- DMV accepts payments in the form of cash, check, money order, or credit card.
- Checks will be accepted up to 90 days from their issuance date, unless otherwise indicated on the check.
- DC Government accepts VISA and MasterCard.
- DC Government does not accept American Express and Discover credit cards.
- All outstanding debts (child support payments, outstanding tickets, and dishonored checks) to the DC Government must be satisfied before completing most of your DMV transactions.