(Washington, DC) In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s birthday, all Department of Motor Vehicles (DC DMV) locations will be closed on Saturday, January 14 and Monday, January 16, 2012. All DC DMV service centers, the vehicle inspection station, and adjudication services will re-open with regular business hours on January 17.
Customers are encouraged to plan ahead as the days before and after a holiday are usually busy. Customers can visit dmv.dc.gov to take care of the following online services:
- Renew their vehicle registration (can only be done online or by mail)
- Renew their driver license
- Obtain a duplicate driver license
- Renew their identification card
- Obtain a duplicate registration
- Surrender their tags
- Obtain their driving record
DC DMV has over thirty (30) online services that allow customers to "skip the in-person trip".
The District Department of Motor Vehicles provides service and promotes public safety to ensure the safe operation of motor vehicles. For more information visit dmv.dc.gov. Like us on Facebook and follow DC DMV on Twitter.