Know before you go! Check out our Waiting Area Webcams.
Convert an Out of State Motorcycle License or Endorsement
A person with a valid motorcycle license or a valid out-of-state license with a motorcycle endorsement may obtain a DC license with an endorsement.
- You have applied for a DC driver license and endorsement
- You are clear of all outstanding debts to the District of Columbia
You provide the following documents:
Valid out of state motorcycle or driver license with a motorcycle endorsement
(If your out-of-state motorcycle license or operator's permit has been lost or stolen, you must provide a certified driving record, issued within 30 days, from the issuing jurisdiction.)
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of Current Residency
- Valid out of state motorcycle or driver license with a motorcycle endorsement
To convert your out-of-state motorcycle license or out of state license with a motorcycle endorsement, you may visit any service location except Adjudication Services or the Inspection Station.
- Complete the Drivers License Application [PDF]
- Provide the required documents
- Take and pass the vision test
- Take a photograph (DC law and policy requires a full frontal digital photo that shows either the ears or up to the hairline without exposing the hair)
- Pay the appropriate fees
- Surrender your out-of-state license
- Obtain your DC driver license