What can come in teams of 1 or 4, 3 or 2? Sherlock Holmes or a game of Clue? YOU!
Join the DC Office of the Chief Technology Officer and community partners on Saturday, August 16th for the Connect.DC Technology Scavenger Hunt, a FREE "Amazing Race"-style dash through the Benning/Marshall Heights and Anacostia/Hillsdale/Barry Farm areas. Although speed isn’t the main factor, participants must use technology, complete activities and plot the best route to get ahead of the pack!
At the kick off and finish lines (OCTO Headquarters - 200 I Street, SE / Canal Park), participants and other DC residents can engage and interact with citywide partners in our vendor area to learn about other digital citizenship-related services in the District. We'll have entertainment, music, food, face painting, and great resources for the whole family!
The Scavenger Hunt will expose participants to community resources, backdrops for new selfies and creative thinking - all the while competing for a cool prize.
This challenge is FREE, although all participants must be D.C. residents to join the fun and be eligible for prizes. Not competing? You can still join the fun at OCTO headquarters.
How it works for participants
1. Participants will complete an activity at each site. The activities may require creative thinking or performing a simple physical challenge.
2. Participants who register in advance will receive all of the clues prior to the Scavenger Hunt via email. Participants who register on the day of will receive clues at the start of the Scavenger Hunt.
3. Participants must complete 11 of the 12 clues to qualify for the prize(s).
4. Participants must return to the finish line and show completed activities and photo requirements.
5. Participants can choose to compete solo or form a team of up to 4 people. If forming a team, the participant that registers on the next screen will serve as the Team Captain and primary contact for Scavenger Hunt communications, including clues and rules. Team Captains should be sure to include all contact information for other team members in registration.
How it works for vendors
1. Vendors will be given a table and two chairs while serving in the vendor area.
2. Vendors must assign a dedicated staff person to the Scavenger Hunt site for the duration of the event (10:30am-4pm).
3. Vendors should bring materials and activities to engage DC residents and participants in the Scavenger Hunt.
4. Vendors should assist with promoting the Scavenger Hunt through their social media networks and other external communications.
5. We encourage vendors to be as creative and engaging as they deem fit.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION 1. There is a maximum of 4 people per team. Individuals can compete.
2. All ages are welcome to join the fun! To compete in the Scavenger Hunt, you must be 12 or older. Participants 12-17 years old must have someone over 18 on their team; children (11 years old and younger) may tag along but will not be eligible to receive prizes.
3. All teammates must be present at each Scavenger Hunt location.
4. Absolutely no private vehicles, taxis, bicycles, bikeshare bikes, rollerblades, or scooters allowed. Only Metrorail, Metrobus, and Circulator public transit is allowed.
5. Individuals will receive one (1) prize; teams of 2-4 will receive two (2) prizes.
6. All teammates are required to check in at the starting line and cross the finish line together to maintain eligibility of prizes.
7. Poor sportsmanship will result in forfeit.
Everyone is required to have FUN!
Contact us at email@example.com and follow #DCTechHunt on Twitter for more information. Call 202-CONNECT (266-6328) for registration assistance.
The Scavenger Hunt is a digital demonstration project of Connect.DC’s Connected Communities Initiative.