1001 Half Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024
311 or (202) 737-4404
The Inspection Station is closed on Mondays.
Effective first Tuesday of September
Child Car Seat Fittings
Effective first Tuesday of June
Child Car Seat Fittings
Limited On-Site Parking – No Fee
Inspection Services Provided at this Location
|Scheduling Available Online||Non-Commercial Vehicles|
|Scheduling Available Online||Commercial Vehicles|
|Scheduling Available Online||Taxicabs and Limos|
|Scheduling Available Online||Child Car Seat Fittings|
|Not Online||Senior Citizen Priority Service|
|Not Online||Code Red Days|
Best Time to Visit this Location
The best times to visit the inspection station are Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday from 8:30 am – 10 am and 1:30 pm – 3 pm.
You may also schedule an appointment online.
Customers are advised that the days before and after a holiday and Saturdays are especially busy. Other busy hours to avoid are the first day the station is open for the week (i.e., Tuesday), the first hour of opening and during lunch times 10 am - 1 pm.
- Senior citizens are expedited when they arrive at the inspection station. They should proceed to front of line and let inspection station employee at the gate know they are senior.
- Although vehicle inspections are conducted on a first come, first served basis during normal hours of operation, appointments may also be scheduled in advance using our online Inspection Station Appointment Scheduling System. An online appointment will allow you to proceed past the inspection station gates and be queued into an inspection station lane.
- DMV does not require safety inspections for private passenger vehicles. All vehicles will still be required to pass federally mandated emissions inspections every two years. Commercial, taxi and limo vehicles will still be subject to both safety and emissions inspections.
- Vehicle inspection fees and late inspection fines are not paid at the Inspection Station, but are paid at the time of vehicle registration.
- Vehicles smoking excessively will not be inspected.
- Please do not bring pets to the inspection station.
- Vehicle mileage at the inspection station is recorded to the nearest thousand by rounding down. This is an industry standard.
- Once an inspection sticker is removed from the windshield, it will display "VOID". Since it is illegal to display a voided sticker, if your windshield is replaced, please proceed to the Inspection Station within 72 hours for an inspection sticker replacement. A fee is required for the sticker replacement. Please note that a new vehicle inspection sticker does not say "VOID."
Please note that some Online Services are only available after an initial visit to the DMV. Vehicle registration renewals may only be done online, by mail or using our dropbox service; in-person registration renewals has been eliminated.
Payment Options for this Location
- NO CASH
- Money Order
Credit / Debit Cards
- The inspection fee is not paid at time of inspection, but it is paid at time of vehicle registration.