The Ticket Adjudication Ombudsman assists customers with help in navigating the adjudication process. The Ombudsman is also responsible for providing assistance with complaints and concerns on the laws, rules, policies and procedures regarding the adjudication of moving violations, automatic traffic enforcement violations and parking, standing, stopping and pedestrian violations.
The primary duties of the Ombudsman are to:
- Assist customers in navigating the adjudication process.
- Respond to complaints and concerns in a timely fashion with accurate and helpful information.
- Determine the validity of any complaint quickly and professionally.
- Generate options for a response and offer a recommendation among the options.
- Make a referral to appropriate DMV staff, when appropriate.
- Identify systemic concerns raised by customers or otherwise received related to traffic adjudication.
- Recommend policy changes, staff training and strategies to improve traffic adjudication.
- Track complaints/issues and develop an annual report.
The Ticket Adjudication Ombudsman is independent and impartial. By offering conflict resolution services to persons seeking assistance, the Ombudsman seeks to provide options and answer questions. The Ombudsman has access to the records and files of the Department of Motor Vehicles as necessary to carry out the duties as allowed by federal and local laws and is bound by rules of confidentiality.
It is important to note the Ticket Adjudication Ombudsman does not provide legal advice nor does the Ombudsman adjudicate tickets.
Please feel free to reach out to the Ombudsman at [email protected] or via telephone at (202) 729-7092. Also, a tri-fold Ticket Adjudication Ombudsman brochure is available below as well as a quiz with some commonly asked adjudication questions that may be of assistance.
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz (English)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz (Spanish - Español)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz Vietnamese (Vietnamese - tiếng Việt)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz (Amharic - አማርኛ)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz Chinese (Chinese - 中国)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz French (French - Français)
- Ticket Adjudication Quiz Korean (Korean - 한국의)
Tony Dugger, Ticket Adjudication Ombudsman