(WASHINGTON, DC) – Starting October 1, 2013, some photo enforcement, moving violation and parking fines will increase or decrease based on the FY14 Budget Support Act. The changes are as follows:
- T119 - Speeding 11-15 mph will increase from $92 to $100
- T120 - Speeding 16-20 mph will increase from $100 to $150
- T121 – Speeding 21-25 mph will increase from $150 to $200
- T202 – Failure to come to complete stop before turning will decrease from $100 to $50
- P173 – Street sweeping violation will be $45
Additionally, effective October 1, 2013, the Department of Motor Vehicles Immobilization Act of 2013 will require all outstanding ticket fines, penalties and fees to be paid before a boot is removed or a vehicle is released from impoundment. This includes all outstanding District tickets and penalties as well as storage, tow, and dishonored check fees owed by the vehicle owner. Previously, the vehicle owner was only responsible for paying the fines and fees associated with the tag number of the booted or impounded vehicle. Therefore, if the vehicle owner owed fines and fees on vehicles with different tag numbers, these fines and fees did not have to be paid to allow for the retrieval of the booted/impounded vehicle.
DC DMV has more than 40 services available online and through the mail, enabling customers to “skip the in-person trip.”