The Residential Parking Permit (RPP) allows any DC DMV-registered private vehicle, or vehicle with reciprocity, to be parked without restriction in the permit area of the vehicle’s registered address. To be eligible for an RPP, a resident’s street must be zoned for RPP.
|Reciprocity Sticker (Students)||$338.00/year|
|Reciprocity Sticker (Temporary DC Resident/Non-Renewable)||$250.00/6 months|
|Reciprocity Sticker (Military, Presidential Appointees and Members of Congress)||$100.00/year|
|Reciprocity Sticker (Diplomat)||$100.00/year|
|Reciprocity Sticker (Part-Time DC Resident)||$338.00/year|
|Reciprocity Sticker (District Resident with Take Home Company Car)||$338.00/year|
|Residential Parking Permit (see tiered fee schedule below)||$50.00/year*|
|Residential Parking Permit (Seniors, 65 or Older)||$35.00/year|
*$50 RPP fee is for the first vehicle only.
Note: Effective June 1, 2021, the annual fee for a one-year RPP sticker for the first vehicle registered at a legal mailing address will increase from $35 to $50, and additional fees will apply to other vehicles in that household.
The new fee structure that will apply to all eligible vehicles registered at a legal mailing address beginning June 1 is as follows:
- $50 for the first vehicle
- $75 for the second vehicle
- $100 for the third vehicle
- $150 for each vehicle beyond the first three vehicles
An exemption exists for one resident 65 years of age or older per household. They will pay a $35 annual RPP fee for the first vehicle registered at a legal mailing address. The fee for each subsequent vehicle registered at a legal mailing address will be identical to the tiered rates noted above.
Payment and Credit Cards
- Residential parking and reciprocity permits are non-refundable.
- DMV accepts payments in the form of cash, check, money order, or credit card.
- DC Government accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards.
- All outstanding debts (child support payments, outstanding tickets, and dishonored checks) to the DC Government must be satisfied before completing most of your DMV transactions.