(Washington, DC) In observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holiday, all Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) locations to include service centers, the vehicle inspection station and adjudication services will be closed on Saturday, December 24 -Monday, December 26, and Saturday, December 31-Monday, January 2, 2012.
Customers are encouraged to plan ahead as the days before and after a holiday are usually busy. Customers can visit dmv.dc.gov to take care of the following online services:
- Renew their vehicle registration (can only be done online or by mail)
- Renew their driver license
- Obtain a duplicate driver license
- Renew their identification card
- Obtain a duplicate registration
- Surrender their tags
- Obtain their driving record
The online services are available from 6 am to 12 am, seven days a week. Vehicle inspection appointment scheduling is available 24 hours per day.
The District Department of Motor Vehicles provides service and promotes public safety to ensure the safe operation of motor vehicles. For more information visit dmv.dc.gov. Like us on Facebook and follow DC DMV on Twitter.