(Washington, DC) To observe the Thanksgiving holiday, all Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) locations will be closed on Thursday, November 24. All DMV service centers, the vehicle inspection station, and adjudication services will open with regular operations on November 25.
When offices are closed or anytime, customers may conduct more than 30 different transactions online. The day before and after a holiday are extremely busy at all DMV locations. Customers can save time by visiting dmv.dc.gov to take care of the following services:
- Renew their vehicle registration (can only be done online or by mail)
- Renew their driver license
- Obtain a duplicate driver license
- Renew their identification card
- Obtain a duplicate registration
- Surrender their tags
- Obtain their driving record
- Submit Adjudication Request
The online services are available from 6 am to 12 am, seven days a week. Vehicle inspection appointment scheduling is available 24 hours per day.
The District Department of Motor Vehicles provides service and promotes public safety to ensure the safe operation of motor vehicles. For more information visit dmv.dc.gov. Like us on Facebook and follow DC DMV on Twitter.