GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Vanessa E. Newton
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 Office: 202-729-7020
Select DC DMV Locations Closed due to Inclement Weather
Three Locations Open for Business
(WASHINGTON, DC) – Due to the pending inclement weather, the following District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles locations will be closed on Thursday, January 17, 2013 in accordance with our emergency closure procedures for unscheduled leave days:
- Penn Branch Service Center (3220 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE);
- Temporary C Street Service Center (301 C Street, NW); and
- Brentwood Commercial and Road Test Lot (1205 Brentwood Road, NE).
All road tests are cancelled and will be rescheduled. Customers will be notified by mail, email, or phone of their rescheduled date.
The following DMV locations will be open for normal business hours:
- Southwest Service Center (95 M Street, SW)
- Adjudication Services (301 C Street, NW)
- Inspection Station (1001 Half Street, SW)
Customers are encouraged to watch media coverage, visit www.dmv.dc.gov, or call 311 (202-737-4404 outside the 202 area code) for updated inclement weather service hours, including delayed openings and closings.
DC DMV has more than 40 online services, enabling customers to “skip the in-person trip.”
The District Department of Motor Vehicles provides service and promotes public safety to ensure the safe operation of motor vehicles. For more information, visit dmv.dc.gov. Like DC DMV on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.