All DC DMV dealership registrations expire annually on October 31. To renew your DC DMV Dealership Registration, please follow the four steps shown below.
Step 1: Obtain the following documents
- A Clean Hands Certificate issued by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (DC OTR). You must have the original certificate; DC DMV will not accept a copy.
- A Basic Business License issued by the DC DLCP. You must have the original license; DC DMV will not accept a copy.
- A copy of your occupancy permit issued by the DC Department of Buildings (DC DOB) .
- A copy of a federal tax identification form listing your company’s federal tax ID number.
- A copy of the business owner’s driver license or non-driver identification.
- Each salesperson’s valid DC DLCP salesperson license.
- A copy of each salesperson’s valid driver license or non-driver identification.
- Proof of insurance coverage (showing number of approved dealer tags).
Step 2: After obtaining the required documents in Step 1, please complete the online renewal application and upload all required documents.
Step 3: After submitting the application online, please print it, have it notarized and retain it with your original documents.
Step 4: Once you have completed Steps 1–3, DC DMV will notify you via email of further instructions for next steps.
Information on dealership registration renewal fees is available at the link below:
Note: If you were previously issued Dealer Tags, you are required to turn them in. DC DMV will not issue new dealer tags until all of the previous dealer tags are accounted for. Additionally, police reports must be submitted to explain missing dealer tags.
For questions, please contact DC DMV at [email protected].