Taxicab and limousine owners can obtain or renew a DFHV license for their vehicles at all DC DMV service centers. To obtain or renew your license, you will need a completed application and the following documents:
- Fully executed DFHV One Stop Form, available at the link below:
- DFHV One Stop Form
- DC inspection verification sheet
- Driver license
- Vehicle registration card
- Face card
- Copy of current business license or occupancy permit if you are registering a taxi in the name of a business
- Copy of the letter from the DC Office of Tax and Revenue verifying you have registered for taxes.
NOTE: All “for hire” vehicles, including new vehicles with a certificate of origin, must pass emission and safety inspection. For hire vehicles must be inspected every 12 months in order to maintain a “for hire” vehicle registration.