(Washington, DC) – Beginning on June 25, 2019, the Donate Life organizational tag is available to District residents. The District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles (DC DMV) in partnership with the Washington Regional Transplant Community (WRTC) created this tag to increase awareness for organ and tissue donation in Washington, DC. The tag is available at all four of the agency’s Service Centers:
- Benning Ridge, 4525 Benning Road, SE;
- Georgetown, 3270 M Street, NW, Canal Level;
- Rhode Island, 2350 Washington Place, NE, Suite 112N, and
- Southwest, 95 M Street, SW.
With the slogan, “Be an Organ, Eye, and Tissue, Donor,” this tag features Cherry Blossoms and has a one-time organizational fee of $100 plus a $25 tag replacement fee along with any applicable vehicle registration fees. The Donate Life tag is available for pleasure vehicles only. To obtain one, visit any DC DMV Service Center and bring the following:
- DC driver license or identification card;
- Vehicle registration card, and
- Current vehicle tags, if replacing them.
A complete list of organizational tags is available on DC DMV’s website at https://dmv.dc.gov/node/1119013.