Department of Motor Vehicles

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share


Replace a Non-Driver ID Card

Information about getting a new DC DMV non-driver id card.

Replace a REAL ID or Limited Purpose Driver License

Information on Replacing a REAL ID or Limited Purpose Driver License.

Request Reconsideration after Contesting

Information on requesting reconideration after contesting.

Residential Parking

How to get a residential parking permit when you register your vehicle.

Residential Parking Permits

Learn how you can get a residential parking permit (RPP).

Road Skills Test Requirements

Requirements for the non-commercial driver license road test.

Registration of Out-of-State Automobiles

ROSA, Register out of state vehicles in the District.

Salvage Titles

How to get a salvage title.

Selling a Vehicle

What you need to do when you sell a vehicle in the District.

Senior Driver Information

Information for senior drivers who live in the District.

Sharing the Road with Larger Vehicles

How to share the road with larger vehicles.

Specialty Vehicle Tags

How to get a specialty tag from the DC DMV.

Suspended or Revoked License

Information about driving with a suspended license.

Tag Replacement

How to replace vehicle tags in the District.

Tag Surrender

Determine if you need to cancel your DC DMV tags and the steps to take.

Tag Transfer

How to transfer valid tags from one vehicle to another.

Taxicab or Limousine Services

Information on registering taxis, limos and luxury sedans in the District.

Teen Driver Information

Information on getting teen drivers licensed.

Temporary Registration and Tags—Individual

How to temporarily register a vehicle in the District.

The IRP Full Reciprocity Plan

General information on the Full Reciprocity Plan.