(Washington, DC) – In honor of Labor Day, all District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles (DC DMV) locations will be closed on the following days:
- Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Monday, September 2, 2019
Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, September 3. The complete list of locations and hours of operation are available at dmv.dc.gov.
Customers are encouraged to plan ahead and “Know Before You Go” for services requiring an in-person visit to a Service Center as customer volume is high before and after a holiday closing.
DC DMV has more than 55 online services, enabling customers to “skip the in-person trip.” The following services are available online:
- Renew vehicle registration (can only be done online or by mail; no in-person visit)
- Obtain duplicate vehicle registration
- Renew driver license
- Obtain duplicate driver license
- Renew identification card
- Surrender tags
Additionally, with any online or in-person transaction in which DC DMV collects money, customers have the option to make a donation to the DonateLifeDC organ donor registry to support organ and tissue donation for people located in the Washington, D.C. community.