Online Provisional License Conversion
- If the conditions below are met, eligible customers will be able to submit the required documentation online and pay the $47 driver license fee.
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must have held a valid provisional license for at least 6 months.
- You must not have, for at least 12 consecutive months (including your 6 months driving with a learner permit and 6 months driving with a provisional license), admitted to, been liable for, or been convicted of an offense for which points can be assessed to your driver license.
- You must provide a signed form certifying that you have practiced night driving skills for at least 10 hours, accompanied by a driver who is 21 years old or older and who has a valid full driver license. The form is available at the link below:
- Certification of Eligibility for Full License with Conditions Form
- You will have to submit a photocopy of the driver license of your accompanying driver with this form.
Once DMV approves the customer submission, the customer will be mailed a Full License with Conditions to the address of record.
To convert DC DMV provisional license online to a REAL ID License with Conditions, submit all requested information and documents here.